Prevent neck and back pain while working from home
Many of us are recently working from home amid the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing measures.
In the absence of proper home office setup, you might have found yourself spending extended periods of time at your kitchen counter, couch or hunched over a coffee table with poor posture. Poor posture for prolonged period of time, could in turn, lead to injury and strain to your neck and back.
Here are some helpful tips to maintain proper posture while working from home:
- Keep your head over shoulders and avoid tilting your head forward.
- Maintain relaxed shoulders (not elevated or slumped) with elbows positioned under your shoulders at 90 degrees.
- Place lower back support in the small of your back (you can use a small pillow or a towel roll).
- Adjust your seat height so your knees are positioned at approximately 90 degrees and your thighs are parallel to the floor.
- Rest your feet on the floor or on a footrest.
We hope these tips will help you to maintain a good posture and to prevent neck and back injuries!