What are Custom-Made Foot Orthotics?
- A foot orthotic is a custom-made shoe insole, specifically designed to the anatomy of your foot. These orthotics are made from an impression of feet taken using different methods like foam, plaster of paris or 3D imaging.
- A biomechanical assessment of your lower extremities is usually the first step in creating your custom-made foot orthotics. During this assessment, we look at the alignment of your legs and feet, evaluate how you walk and make recommendations for the manufacturing of the orthotics to fit your specific needs. Your custom-made foot orthotics are designed to accommodate your feet specifically to your needs, will help promote better alignment of not only your feet, but overall body.
Some conditions that can be relieved by Foot Orthotics:
- Plantar fasciitis
- ITB syndrome
- Flat feet
- Ankle pain
- Knee pain
- Hip pain
- Back pain
- Shin splints
What are the benefits?
- Increased comfort
Shoe manufacturers are only able to provide generic insoles inside their products. Having a shoe insole which is designed specifically for your feet can make a tremendous difference in terms of comfort.
- Active Individuals
Foot care should form part of the any active individual’s routine. Many sports activities involve repetitive involvement of the lower extremities. Therefore, wearing the proper footwear to fit your activities is key in minimizing and preventing further injuries. A Custom Foot Orthotic, specially designed to fit the anatomy of your foot and optimize its alignment is a step into more comfort during your sports activities, as well as injury prevention.
As a diabetic, your feet are more prone to damage and infection, due to the possibility of loss of sensation and impaired blood circulation in the leg and feet. A proper choice of footwear is crucial. A Custom Foot Orthotic for a diabetic person will be able to accommodate the contours of the foot better and can be manufactured with the proper materials that will protect the feet from injury.
- Flat Feet
In Flat Feet, the proper alignment of the bones of the foot is lost, which can lead to many other injuries. Flat feet is commonly seen happening in conjunction with plantar fasciitis, knee pain, calluses, patellofemoral pain syndrome etc. Custom Foot Orthotics can help achieve more optimal alignment in the feet which can help alleviate those other conditions.
I don’t have any foot problems, do I need Custom Foot Orthotics?
Custom made orthotics are designed and meant to work as a support to your foot arch. Even if you don’t have any problem with your feet, orthotics can be used as a preventative supporting device to prevent injuries, wear and tear.
Why Therapy One?
- Non-compromised full feet assessment: Our casting procedure includes a non compromised feet assessment and gait analysis to make sure the orthotic device is custom built to unique feet condition.
- EVA material: Say goodbye to traditional wobbly hard shell material. We use Orthogenic laboratories which is one of the few companies in canada uses EVA materials to make orthotics. Please visit their website to learn more: http://orthogeniclab.com/
Your Extended Health Coverage and Custom-Made Orthotics
- Most insurance companies and extended health benefits cover up to 100% orthotics cost. Check with your insurance company regarding your coverage for Custom-Made Orthotics.
- You may also need a prescription from your family doctor.
Many of us are recently working from home amid the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing measures. In the absence of …