What to expect:
- At Therapy One, we offer a hands-on approach in the delivery of physiotherapy. Our therapists demonstrate outstanding manual skills and constantly strive to fine tune their skills by attending post-graduate courses.
- The proper coordination of your treatments at Therapy One is of the utmost importance. Our team of clinicians work hand in hand to offer you the best and the most comprehensive treatments.
- We offer a wide range of physiotherapy intervention
- Personalized therapeutic exercise
- Strength conditioning
- Range of motion and stretching exercises
- Core strengthening and conditioning
- Soft tissue and manual therapy techniques; including massage,
- Spinal and peripheral joint mobilization
- Electro-Physical Agents (IFC, Ultrasound etc.)
- Airway clearance techniques
- Functional activity and tolerance testing and training.
- Work and occupational re-training and return to work planning
Our Specialized programs:
In addition to the traditional forms of therapy, we also offer other programs
The McKenzie Method of Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (MDT)
- MDT trained clinician
- Specific exercises for postural imbalance
- Minimize the risk of recurrence
- Evidence based system of assessment and treatment
- Step by step support
- Not personal training
- Custom fitness program design
- Expert advice to optimize your exercises
- Injury prevention
- Help you customize your exercise program to achieve your goals
Sport specific rehabilitation
Back and Neck Pain Program of Care
HOW TO SAFELY VISIT YOUR RMT AMID COVID
We are living in unprecedented times, and the services that were once so easily accessible to us are no longer a luxury we can afford to take for granted. Covid-19 has changed our day to day interactions and we must be more mindful of how we approach receiving the services we require. Our overall wellness however, should not be neglected …
How to manage heel and foot pain?
During Covid-19 pandemic, one of the ways that a lot of us kept our physical and mental health in check was by walking/running outdoors. Even though, some restrictions have been lifted/eased, some of us have continued to enjoy being active outdoors during these hot summer days. Some of you might have experienced pain in your feet specifically in the inner …
Exercises for office workers
Simple exercises for office workers If you are like most people nowadays, you tend to spend a lot of time sitting at your desk while working. As a result of prolonged sitting at your desk, you could potentially develop poor postural habits. These poor postural habits could lead to headaches, tightness, tension and pain in your neck, shoulders, and back …
Prevent neck and back pain while working from home
Many of us are recently working from home amid the COVID-19 pandemic and social distancing measures. In the absence of proper home office setup, you might have found yourself spending extended periods of time at your kitchen counter, couch or hunched over a coffee table with poor posture. Poor posture for prolonged period of time, could in turn, lead to …
Pregnancy and Physiotherapy
“Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” -– Harriette Hartigan Pregnancy is one of nature’s very own miracles, and while it is exciting to be expecting your little bundle of joy, most women suffer some severe strain on their bodies …
TIPS FOR SAFE GARDENING
“Spring is the time of plans and projects” – Leo Tolstoy No matter how long the winter was, spring was sure to follow. As the weather changes, many of us are sure to trade in our large winter coats for some spring jackets, spring cleaning and best of all spring gardening! The flowers and weeds are coming out to play …
Tips to prevent summer injuries
Summer months are fast approaching and people are eagerly waiting to be active out there to get some sun. Being active out in the sun can cause injuries if you are not careful about what you do to be active. We have been keeping track of our data during summer months and noticed we treat about 20% more injuries at …
When do you need a physiotherapist?
We often get asked when should I see my Physiotherapist? Traditionally physicians are the first choice to guide you to the right direction based on your injury or condition. It works perfect as long as you don’t get stuck with taking painkillers for months or often years. Few simple facts below would help you with taking the right decision on …
Falling behind on your New Year’s resolutions?
Getting in shape is one of the most popular and the best New Year’s resolution you can make. As a massage therapist, I hear this lot every January and lot of them hit Gym with a great intention and enthusiasm, so hard and too fast. Often end up with an injury or burnout, and in few weeks they are all …
Upper back and neck pain or tension in sedentary jobs: Common causes
Upper back and neck pain or muscle tension in the upper back and neck area is becoming more and more common these days with modern life style. Forward head posture This is one of the top common postural problems seen with sedentary desk type jobs. Normally, correct alignment would have our heads sitting directly above our trunks, much like how …